Do you suffer from respiratory problems or symptoms? Our team of board-certified physicians is here to help. Here at Gulf Coast Pulmonary and Sleep, we perform the following pulmonary function tests (PFTs) that measure your lung volume, capacity, rates of flow, and gas exchange:
- Spirometry testing measures air flow rate and lung capacity.
- Lung volume tests measure the amount of air that your lungs can hold.
- Pulse oximetry provides an estimate of the level of oxygen in your blood.
- Arterial blood gas tests measure the quantities of gases in your blood, including oxygen and carbon dioxide.
- Fractional exhaled nitric oxide tests provide a measurement for the amount of nitric oxide present in your blood.
These PFTs are noninvasive and tell us how well your lungs are working. We use these measurements to develop specialized treatment plans that will improve your pulmonary health. We are dedicated to diagnosing and treating your respiratory system, so you can breathe easy!